Sunday, February 14, 2010
A weekend to Remember...
This Weekend was pretty epic. On Friday night, we went to a youth dance and that was definitely interesting but it was fun. Totally different, as far as music goes. It was music from like a school dance. But remember the swear words here are different then the ones in the US. So that was an experience. On Saturday, we went to Featherdale, which is a wildlife park where we were able to pet and feed kangaroos, wallaby's, kookabura's, emu's, etc. We learned that the roo's really like cones! (like ice cream cones, minus the ice cream) We also saw dingos, croc's, all sorts of birds and reptiles native and exclusive to Australia. It was an experience of a life time, one I will never forget! Then I hit up the beach for some body surfing and boogie boarding. On Sunday, we went to Stake Conference. The size of the congregation filled the tiny stake center, but was significantly smaller then Gilbert or PG. And we had to drive over an hour to get there. After the wonderful meeting, we drove out to the Blue Mountains and saw sights that were so surreal. Beautiful, thick trees. the sight of "the bush" was amazing. So beautiful. We saw the three sisters rock formations. (although I think Moab rock formations was just as good, if not better. I'm a sucker for the red rock) We all got a kick out of the "Kangaroo crossing" signs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want to see pictures!! :)
ReplyDelete