Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Takin on the Jellies!
Andrew, my 7 year old brother was jumping the waves a few days ago when he was stung by a blue-bottle. It's a type of jellyfish, poor kid. He was screaming all the way back to our house where we put ice cold water on it, as well as a bag of ice. Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do to sooth the sting of a jellyfish, so we just had to let him scream. I held him for a while as he kicked and cried and screamed. I had him squeeze my hand "as if to give me the jellyfish pain" and i could tell it really hurt him. After about 45 minutes or so, he calmed down and was fine. We call him the jelly man now. we've seen a ton of jellyfish on the beach since then. All i can say, is that I hope I don't get stung!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ow! Those hurt so bad! All of my kids (except Sophia) have been stung by jellyfish! I hope he's doing better now. Love reading your posts, keep them coming!!!!
ReplyDelete